‘Consciousness is defined in two ways:
- Our state of consciousness when awake, dreaming or deep sleeping.
- The quality of our character, and our state of spiritual awareness.
There are three aspects of consciousness that need to be appreciated in relation to the quality of our character and our state of spiritual awareness:
- Our monadic consciousness, which is our supreme consciousness.
- Our egoic consciousness, which is the consciousness of our individuality, governed by the higher aspect of our ego.
- Our personality consciousness, limited to the lower aspect of our ego.’
PAGE 88 / FROM RELIGION TO SPIRITUALITY / CHARLES REITHER